Dormansville was named in honor of Daniel Dorman, who was the first postmaster in 1832. Among the first settlers were W. Tomkins, William Ward and Lewis Husted, who kept a public house. Hiram and Erastus Gibbons were early proprietors of the Dormansville Hotel, and dealers in general merchandise. In 1897 Dormansville contained about 15 dwellings, a Methodist church, a school house, 2 stores, a paint shop, and a wheelwright and blacksmith shop run by W. S. Ward.
Beckman Road • Route 143 • Route 312