Settled in 1806, by 1897 Potter Hollow was a village of about 100 residents. It had a post office, store, union church, and a hotel. The founders and earliest business men were the Potters — Timothy R. and Samuel. Potter Palmer, the well-known Chicagoan, was born and grew to manhood here, his father, Benjamin Palmer, being a farmer and highly respected citizen who served as the justice of the peace.
Bates Lane • Potter Hollow Road • Route 353 • Route 362