Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Unionville

New Scotland Town, Albany County, NY

Beginnings [1]

Unionville was a hamlet with a post office, named Union Church, in the eastern part of the town near the Bethlehem line. Here taverns were opened in the early years, one by Christian Houck, another by David Cheseboro. The Brady, Haller, Long, Wademan, Sigsbee, and Radley families were early settlers in the vicinity. Peter Stoner kept an early tavern on Stony Hill, and R. Dennick kept one between Unionville and Clarksville. The post office was discontinued in the early 1880s.

  1. Amasa J. Parker, editor, Landmarks of Albany County New York, D. Mason & Co., Publishers, Syracuse, 1897.

Street Names
Delaware Turnpike • Route 308 • Route 443 • Unionville-Feura Bush Road