Harvey Cedars Borough
Harvey Cedars Borough Hall is located at 7606 Long Beach Boulevard, Harvey Cedars NJ 08008; phone: 609-361-6000.
The Borough of Harvey Cedars was formally incorporated on December 11, 1894, when a group of men living near the hotel seceded from Union Township (today's Barnegat Township on the mainland). Capt. Isaac Jennings, owner of the hotel, was named mayor. He died shortly thereafter. Jason Fenimore, who lived on the bayfront at Burlington Avenue, soon became borough clerk and his brother Francis became mayor in 1899. — Source: www.harveycedars.org, accessed February, 2010.