Tinton Falls Borough Hall is located at 556 Tinton Avenue, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724.
In 1950, New Shrewsbury Borough was created from part of Shrewsbury Township. It was renamed Tinton Falls in 1975 to avoid confusion with postal deliveries.
The area that would become Tinton Falls was probably first settled shortly after 1655 when James Grover established an iron works here. Lewis Morris bought Grover's interest in the mill in 1675 and proceeded to expand the enterprise. The Tinton Manor iron works was probably the first colonial iron works to be equipped with machinery made in the colonies. About 60 slaves worked at the iron works in 1680, the first notable instance of slavery in New Jersey to be recorded.
Gordon's Gazetteer of 1834 lists a saw mill and grist mill as being present in the village. It also refers to a mineral spring "frequently visited by those who seek health and amusement at the boarding houses near the coast." The spring was highly valued by local Indians. Robert Morris opened a boarding house in the village called the Mineral Springs Hotel.
Residential Use 
Residential use is the second largest category of land use in Tinton Falls after public property. Over 25% of Tinton Falls's total area (2,576 acres) is devoted to residential use, the largest proportion of which is single-family residential development. The majority of the single-family housing in the Borough is located in relatively recent subdivisions, featuring curvilinear layouts and cul-de-sacs; the major exception is the northeast corner of the Borough, which is developed with single-family homes in a traditional grid pattern.
Nearby Towns: Allenhurst Boro • Asbury Park City • Avon-by-the-Sea Borough • Belmar Boro • Bradley Beach Boro • Colts Neck Twp • Eatontown Boro • Farmingdale Boro • Howell Twp • Lake Como Boro • Little Silver Boro • Neptune Twp • Ocean Township • Red Bank Boro • Rumson Boro • Shrewsbury Boro • Shrewsbury Twp •