Highland Park Borough Hall is located at 221 South Fifth Avenue, Highland Park, NJ 08904.
Highland Park Borough was incorporated in 1905.
The Borough of Highland Park was settled in the late 17th Century. Highland Park is located on the high ground north of the Raritan River (across from the site that would later become New Brunswick). Numerous Lenape trails (including the Assunpink Trail leading to a ford on the Raritan River) intersected in the area of Highland Park. Its earliest settlers included Henry Greenland (who owned an inn and 384 acres of land), George Drake, Reverend John Drake and Captain Francis Drake (related to Sir Francis Drake).
Nearby Towns: Dunellen Boro • Edison Twp • Metuchen Boro • New Brunswick City •