Photo: Bartles House, ca. 1842-1862, 159 Oldwick Rd, Tewksbury Township, NJ. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006. Photographed by user:Sarah Benenson (own work), 2012, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2013.
Tewksbury Township municipal offices are located at 169 Old Turnpike Road, Califon NJ 07830.
First organized around 1755, Tewksbury is one of New Jersey's original 104 townships incorporated in 1798. The earliest settlers were English, followed by a large number of Germans beginning about 1749. Zion Lutheran Church in Oldwick is the oldest German parish in New Jersey. [www.county.hunterdon.nj.us, accessed June, 2013]
Nearby Towns: Califon Boro • Clinton Twp • Lebanon Boro •