Brigantine Beach City Hall is located at 1416 West Brigantine Avenue, Brigantine NJ 08203.
First incorporated as Brigantine Beach Borough in 1890, it was re-incorporated as the "City of Brigantine City" in 1897.
Legend has it that Captain Kidd buried treasure here late in the 17th century. Like many seaside towns, development as a resort town surged in the 1880s when railroads connected the island to the mainland. Today, for many purposes, Brigantine is considered a suburb of Atlantic City.