Hopkinton Town Hall is located at 330 Main Street, Hopkinton, NH 03229.
Hopkinton was incorporated by an act of the New Hampshire Provincial Legislature on January 10, 1765. There were probably not more than a few hundred people living here at the time. The town's incorporation gave a decided impulse to local, public enterprise. A church was built in 1766. The same year, it was voted to establish two schools. Money was appropriated for building a bridge Coutoocook creek in 1722. A public cemetery was established the same year.
The first selectmen of the incorporated township were Captain Matthew Stanley, Ensign Jonathan Straw and Sergeant Isaac Chandler.
Nearby Towns: Dunbarton Town •