Dorchester Town Hall is located at 804 River Road, Dorchester, NH 03266.
First chartered in 1761, Dorchester was probably given its name in honor of ancestors of Governor Benning Wentworth, who held the titles Marquis of Dorchester and Earl of Kingston. Due to the inability of grantees to meet prescribed terms of settlement, the territory was granted twice more, once in 1766 and again in 1772, retaining the name Dorchester throughout. The town's first moderator, Captain John Thompson, was a descendant of David Thompson, who was one of the first settlers in the colony, at Rye's Odiorne Point in 1623. [www.nh.gov, Economic and Labor Market Information Bureau, accessed June, 2011]