Berlin City Hall is located at 168 Main Street, Berlin, NH 03570.
This community was first granted in 1771 as Maynesborough in honor of Sir William Mayne, an associate of Governor John Wentworth in the West Indies trade. The area was not settled by the original grantees, and the town was renamed Berlin in 1829 by new settlers originally from Berlin, Massachusetts. The first attempt at building a sawmill powered by the river was in the early 1820s. This was the start of a booming lumber and paper business in Berlin, and at one time it was the largest newsprint supplier in the world. Berlin was incorporated as a city in 1897, and is the northernmost city in New Hampshire.