Bethania Town Hall is located at 5490 Bethania Road, Bethania, NC 27010.
Bethania is the oldest municipality in Forsyth County and was most recently incorporated in 1995, upon the reactivation of the original 1838/1839 town charter (in order to avoid annexation by Winston-Salem. [en.wikipedia.org, accessed October, 2011]
The town of Bethania was established by the Moravian community in 1759, in the Piedmont of North Carolina, as the first town created primarily as a farming community. Bethania is the second oldest (after Bethabara) Moravian settlement in North Carolina. Bethania was founded as a self-sufficient farming community open to both Moravian and non-Moravian settlers. The layout of the residential lots, garden plots, and farm lots or outlots were planned by the Moravians to conform to examples of planned communities in Germany and to provide protection for the settlers on the colonial frontier.
Nearby Towns: Lewisville Town • Rural Hall Town • Tobaccoville Village • Winston-Salem City •