Faison Town Hall is located at 110 Northeast Center Street, Faison, NC 28341.
Named for Henry Faison, the area was settled on land granted to him in 1778. The village was first called Faison Depot, a station stop on the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad.
Settlers of European ancestry first populated the Faison area in the first quarter of the eighteenth century. In 1749, Duplin County was created from New Hanover County.
The town of Faison is situated in the northwest corner of Duplin County, in the coastal plain where the generally level terrain and clay, loam soil composition are well suited for agricultural farming. Nearby are the headwaters of the Northeast Cape Fear River, which flows south through rural farms and woodlands to the port city of Wilmington, seventy miles distant. The Atlantic Coast Line Railroad tracks that ran north from Wilmington to Weldon near the Virginia line, extends along the eastern section of Faison.
On July 2, 1776, Henry Faison (1744-1788) purchased a 975-acre tract of land on the south side of Goshen Swamp, between Panther Creek and Reedy Branch, where the town of Faison is located. He established a farm and naval stores plantation there.