Bermuda Run Town Hall is located at 120 Kinderton Boulevard, Bermuda Run, NC 27006.
Among the first settlers in the Bermuda Run area was the Bryan family. Morgan Bryan and his family owned 5,000 acres in northeastern Davie County and had partial control of Shallow Ford, one of the three major fords of the Yadkin River. Morgan Bryan's family was very influential in, what was then, Rowan County. Morgan Bryan's granddaughter Rebecca Bryan married pioneer Daniel Boone and lived in the Farmington area on Sugar Creek. Several members of the Bryan family accompanied Boone on his explorations to Kentucky.
Samuel Bryan, son of Morgan Bryan, was an organizer of Tory loyalists in the upper Yadkin River area during the Revolutionary War. This war divided the Bryan family as some were British loyalists while others were independence seekers. Samuel Bryan headed an army of Tories that joined the British Army under Cornwallis' command in South Carolina. This group was defeated in 1780 by a colonial militia headed by Major William R. Davie. Major Davie, for whom Davie County is named, was instrumental in the Continental Convention of 1787 and later became governor of North Carolina.
Through the nineteenth century the area on the Yadkin River in Davie County survived on a small-farm agrarian way-of-life and weathered the Civil War. Improvements in infrastructure and education improved the productivity of small farms in the late 1800s.
Ariston Farm was built in what is now Bermuda Run on the banks of the Yadkin River by David and China Lybrook in the early 1920��s from sketches Lybrook casually drew on paper. The house was built from stones found on the farm and the wood was cut and cured on the farm. The farm tended cattle and horses.
When Billy Satterfield, a plumber's helper from nearby Clemmons, looked across the river in his search for reasonably priced land to build his own country club, he found Ariston Farm for sale in 1957. The price was $1,000 an acre. Armed with artists' renderings of what the club would be, he sold 175 lots for $10,000 each. Buyers paid the $10,000, and then their lot location was assigned by conducting a drawing. Arnold Palmer took the first lot and Bermuda Run Country Club was born. The golf course's original 18 holes were built by architect Ellis Maples in 1971, with nine more added in 1987 by his son, Dan. In 1999, Don Charles — who studied under Maples — completed the final nine.
Nearby Towns: Advance • Clarksville Town • Clemmons Vlg • Lewisville Town •