City Hall for the Town of Siler City is located at 311 North Second Avenue, Siler City, NC 27344.
A post office was established in 1880 in what would soon after become the Town of Siler City. The premier event of this period, and one that had a long-lasting effect on the development of southwestern Chatham County, was the 1884 opening of Cape Fear and Yadkin Valley Railway lines from Sanford, in what was then Moore (now Lee) County to Greensboro. Along its right-of-way four small towns including Goldston, Bear Creek, Bonlee and, most importantly, Siler City sprang up; older communities like Gulf, Ore Hill and Mt. Vernon Springs were stimulated to new growth. On its route from Gulf to what was incorporated as Siler City in 1887, the railway line generally paralleled the old Graham and Gulf Plank Road, and these small communities grew up at points where major county roads emanating from Pittsboro intersected the track. In 1884, Siler City was the first of these railroad towns to have its streets and lots laid out and, with its pivotal position on the county's major east-west route, grew more quickly and more substantially than the rest.