Concord City Hall is located at 26 Union Street South, Concord, NC 28025.
When Cabarrus County was created in 1793, a dispute arose immediately between opposing factions of early settlers as to where the county seat should be located. It wasn't until 1795 when an agreement was reached, resulting in the decision to build an entirely new town to be called Concord, presumably to reflect the spirit of the agreement and harmony that effected the decision for the ultimate location. Land was purchased, surveyed into lots, and sold at auction, first come, first serve.
Concord was incorporated in 1806. A Presbyterian congregation was here as early as 1804. The Methodists arrived in 1837. The Zion Hill African-American Church was formed in 1859.
A cotton mill was built in 1839.
Source: Clarence E. Horton, Jr., A Bicentennial Sketch, www.ci.concord.nc.us, accessed March, 2011.