The Bon Ton Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
The choice location for residences from the 1880s through the mid-1930's, the Bon Ton Historic District includes approximately 27 facing blocks of South Willson, South Grand, and Third Avenues that form a distinct unit by virtue of the number of substantial and more high-style residences than are found in concentration in any other part of the city. A distinctly different architectural character to either side of this district justifies its definition as a separate historic district. Many of the leading names in Bozeman history built their homes within the Bon Ton Historic District, and numerous of these individuals also constructed business blocks within the Main Street Historic District. The popularity of this neighborhood increased after the turn of the century and a pattern of middle to upper-middle class residents moving at that time from houses north of Main Street to new residences built in this area has been well documented. Grand and Willson Avenues were deliberately laid out wider than other city streets, having been specifically intended to develop as an upper class neighborhood. A portion of this district was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on December 18, 1978 as the South Willson Historic District.
3rd Avenue South • 4th Avenue South • Alderson Street West • Cleveland Street West • College Street West • Curtiss Street West • Dickerson Street West • Grand Avenue South • Harrison Street West • Koch Street West • Olive Street West • Story Street West • Willson Avenue South