Grosse Pointe City Hall is located at 17147 Maumee Avenue, Grosse Pointe, MI 48230.
Grosse Pointe was incorporated as a village in 1880 and as a city in 1934.
The City of Grosse Pointe  is located in northeast Wayne County along Lake St. Clair with the City of Grosse Pointe Farms to the northeast, Grosse Pointe Park to the southwest, and Detroit on the northwest side of Mack Avenue. The City has gone through a number of evolutions, from its early years as French farmlands to its days as the summer escape for residents of the City of Detroit, and finally taking on much of its current form and character during the first quarter of the twentieth century with the mass availability of the automobile and roads that improved access.
Just over one square mile in area, the City of Grosse Pointe is a mature community that possesses a wide range of attractive buildings and compatible uses. While most of the single family homes date back to the 1920s and 1930s, there are a number of homes that date back even further. Commercial development has occurred in pockets or nodes, with the largest concentration located on Kercheval between Cadieux and Neff Roads. Although there are a significant number of businesses in the City, most residents commute to jobs outside of the City.