Saginaw Township Hall is located at 4980 Shattuck Road, Saginaw, MI 48603.
When the Township was first organized in 1831, it extended south to what is now Chesaning and north past the City of Midland and the City of Bay City. The area of Saginaw Township at the time of its incorporation was 34 miles by 36 miles, totaling more than 783,360 acres. Development occurred rather rapidly, even in the 1830s. Gratiot Road and Brockway Road were surveyed but not yet constructed at this time. In 1877, much of the area extending north from the existing Brockway Road to State Street was a subdivision of 23 large lots.
Shattuckville, at the west end of Shattuck Road, consisted of approximately 50 buildings. There was a wagon shop, a cider mill, a store, a saw mill, grist mill and a blacksmith shop. For a short time, a post office was operated in the area.
Nearby Towns: Saginaw City •