Mount Clemens City Hall is located at 1 Crocker Boulevard, Mount Clemens, MI 48043.
Settlement of the area that would become Mount Clemens commenced around 1781. By 1788 there were 34 families. John Brooks built a distillery about 1797. Christian Clemens purchased land about 1808 and built a glass factory.
The original plat, for the Village of Mount Clemens, was made by Christian Clemens in 1818. It included 60 building lots. He donated land to the county in consideration of the village being named the county seat. He also deeded additional lots for a church and school. The county seat was organized by act of the State Legislature in March, 1837. Final approval didn't come until 1851, and the settlement became the Village of Mount Clemens.