Lenox Township municipal offices are located at 63775 Gratiot Avenue, Lenox, MI 48050.
The township of Lenox was organized in 1837. The first township election was ordered to be held at the home of Sterling Case. It was decided that three eldest inhabitants decide the name of the new town. Israel Dryer suggested Lenox which was ultimately adopted. At the organization meeting Benjamin Haight was chosen as supervisor; Thomas F. Dryer, clerk; Justin R. Crandall, collector; Jacob E. Hall, Mason Harris, Justin Corey and Eben Carl, justices of the peace.