Photo: John H. and Martha Durfee Galloway House, ca. 1847, 216 Higgins Street, Howell, MI. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006. Photographed by Andrew Jameson (own work), 2011, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed May, 2015.
Howell City Hall is located at 611 East Grand River Avenue, Howell, MI 48843; 517‑546‑3500.
Originally known as Livingston Center, Howell was incorporated in 1863. When Livingston County was formed in 1836, Howell and Brighton engaged in a struggle for more than 10 years to claim designation as county seat.
Nearby Towns: Howell Twp •