Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Ingham County, Michigan


TOWNS

The Ingham County Courthouse is located at 366 South Jefferson Street, Mason MI 48854; phone: 517-676-7200.

Created in 1829 the county was named for Samuel D. Ingham, then Secretary of State under President Andrew Jackson. Lansing was chosen as the site of the capitol in 1846, largely influenced by its central Ingham County location as well as James Seymour's offer of a large tract of land at a bend in the Grand River.

HISTORIC SITES