Cable Mills (also known as the Water Street Mill) is a development of adaptive re-use condominiums built on a factory site which first operated manufacturing twine in 1873. Over the next century the mill complex had its ups and downs, hosting at least 4 different types of manufacturing operations. The last one was the General Cable Company which manufactured wire and cable into the 1990s.
The Cable Mills residential community was designed to create 61 homes through the rehabilitation of 3 mill buildings, and an addition of new construction townhomes and duplexes along the Green River.
The Cable Mills development is located off of Water Street (Route 43) south of Mohawk Trail (Main Street, Route 2).