Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Livingston Parish, Louisiana

Livingston Parish Photo

Photo: Carter Plantation, ca. 1828, Louisiana Highway 1038, Springfield, LA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Photographed by User:Z28scrambler (own work), 2011, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed November, 2013.


TOWNS

Livingston Parish Neighborhoods

The Livingston Parish Courthouse is located at 20180 Iowa Street, Livingston, LA 70754; phone: 225-686-2216.

Livingston Parish was established in 1832 from part of St. Helena Parish. It is named for Edward Livingston [1764-1836] who served in the U.S. House of Representatives from his native New York from 1796 to 1801, and as a congressman from Louisiana from 1823-1829. Livingston also served as the 11th U. S. Secretary of State under Andrew Jackson from 1831-1833.

HISTORIC SITES