Photo: Le Vieux Presbytere, ca. 1887, 205 Rue Iry Lejeune, Church Point, LA. A rare example of a method of construction associated with Louisiana's very significant French Creole architectural tradition. One of the last structures in south Louisiana to use folk craft of mud wall construction known as bousillage. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997. Photographed by user:Z28scrambler (own work), 2005, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2015.
Church Point Town Hall is located at 100 Church Boulevard, Church Point, LA 70525.
While settlement of the area probably began around 1843, the town's identity first came into being when the Church Point post office was established in 1873, 13 years prior to the formation of Acadia Parish.