Photo: Carry A. Nation House, ca. 1846, Fisher Ford Road, Lancaster, KY. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. Photographed by user:Jerrye and Roy Klotz, MD, 2012, (own work) [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2014.
Lancaster City Hall is located at 308 West Maple Avenue, Lancaster, KY 40444.
The site of Lancaster itself was originally named Wallace's Crossroads. Lancaster was designed as a grid plan in 1797 on approximately 57 acres owned by Captain William Buford. Its visible water supply and the offer of Buford to donate land for the public square influenced the county commissioners in their choice of this site.