Photo: Halderman-Van Buskirk Farmhouse, ca. 1865, 5653 North 500 West, Paw Paw Township, Wabash County, IN. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2013. Photographed by User:Nyttend (own work), 2013, [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed July, 2014.
The Wabash County Courthouse is located at 69 West Hill Street, Wabash, IN 46992; phone: 260-563-0661.
Wabash County and the surrounding area was not opened to settlement until 1826 when the Treaty of Paradise Springs between the Miami and Potowatomi Indians and the U.S. Government was signed.