Photo: Town Hall in Santa Claus, Indiana. Photographed by Nomadjim (own work), 2007, [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed December, 2015.
The Town of Santa Claus administrative offices are located at 90 North Holiday Boulevard, Santa Claus, IN 47579.
The Town of Santa Claus was incorporated in 1967.
In the 1840s a group of German immigrants formed the town of Santa Fe (pronounced "fee"). In 1852, the town applied for the establishment of a post office. The residents found they would have to change the town's name when the Postal Department informed them there was already a post office in Indiana with the Santa Fe name. The town's name was changed to Santa Claus later that same year. 
The U.S. post office of Santa Claus was officially established in 1856.