Brownsburg Town Hall is located at 61 North Green Street, Brownsburg, IN 46112.
Named after James B. Brown, the Town of Brownsburg was first settled in the early 1800s and was first incorporated in 1848. Originally six acres in area, the Town of Brownsburg nearly tripled in size to 16 acres by 1870. Rail service began in the community in 1879, with regular commuter train service established in 1910, spurring further growth in the community. The community’s first independent high school as well as the community’s first public library were both built in 1917. As the community grew, so did demand for commercial development, and in the 1950s the East Main Street area emerged as an important commercial corridor.
The 1950s, wherein the Town population more than doubled to reach nearly 4,500, represented the community’s first major period of develop- ment. Consistent growth and development followed throughout much of the later 20th century before Brownsburg’s population again doubled in the 1990s to over 14,500. In the last decade, the Town has grown to reach a 2010 population of 21,285. Hendricks County is projected to grow by over 50,000 through the year 2040 and, given the current proportion of Hendricks County residents living in Browns- burg, the Town could grow by more than 7,500 over the same period.
Nearby Towns: Avon Town •