Photo: The Browne-Rafert House, ca. 1914, 534 North Merrill Street, Fortville, IN. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2015. Photographed by Raina Regan 2014, for the National Register nomination document (Browne-Rafert House) NR #15000595.
Fortville Town Hall is located at 714 East Broadway, Fortville, IN 46040.
Francis Kincade settled at The Crossroads, in what is now Fortville, about 1826. A town plat was surveyed in 1849 by Cephas Fort in anticipation of a railroad line through the area. In 1852 the Bee Line Railroad built a station here and named it Fortville in Cephas' honor. When incorporated in 1865, Fortville was home to 240 residents.
Nearby Towns: McCordsville Town •