East Moline City Hall is located at 915 16th Avenue, East Moline, IL 61224.
Henry McNeal, Alonzo Nourse, and Alfred Sanders platted the settlement of Watertown east of the present 19th Street in East Moline. Despite plans for waterpower and industry, Watertown grew slowly, incorporating as a village in 1905. In 1914 residents voted to annex the village to the City of East Moline. The village of East Moline was incorporated as a city in April with Dr. G. F. Johnson as its first mayor. The population grew from less than 300 residents in 1900 to 2,665 in 1910. [www.eastmoline.com]
Nearby Towns: Bettendorf City • Le Claire City • Moline City •