Lemont City Hall is located at 418 Main Street, Lemont, IL 60439.
Settled in 1836, Lemont  owes its existence to the Illinois & Michigan Canal. Workers arrived to the area, then called Athens, to begin construction of the waterway which would connect the Great Lakes to the Mississippi River for the first time in history. The Village was incorporated in 1873 and is one of the oldest in the southwest metro area. Although linked to the Chicago region by major freight transportation corridors and Chicago's use of locally quarried limestone in landmark buildings like the Chicago Water Tower, Lemont remained a somewhat isolated village for many decades.
Nearby Towns: Homer Glen Vlg • Lockport City •