Photo: Nathaniel Moore Banta House, ca. 1908, 514 North Vail Avenue, Arlington Heights, IL Listed on National Register of Historic Places in 1998. Photographed by user:G Letourneau, 2007, (own work) [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed April, 2013.
Arlington Heights Village Hall is located at 33 South Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60005.
First established in 1836, platted by Asa Dunton as Village of Dunton. It was incorporated as the Village of Arlington in 1887.
Arlington as described in 1939 
Arlington Heights was settled in the 1830s when pioneers followed an old Indian trail into the region. During June and July of each year, thousands of expectant Chicagoans follow the same trail on the early afternoon specials of the Chicago & North Western, and return frequently somewhat subdued, on the early evening trains of the same line. Their goal is the Arlington Park Race Track, at the western edge of town. Largest of the four major tracks in the Chicago area, Arlington opened in 1929, has an English turf track in addition to its main one of a mile and an eighth.
Nearby Towns: Buffalo Grove Vlg • Des Plaines City • Elk Grove Vlg • Palatine Vlg •