Twin Falls City Hall is located at 321 2nd Avenue East, Twin Falls, ID 83301.
Founded in 1904 as a planned community, Twin Falls was incorporated as a village in 1905. It is named for the waterfall a few miles east, on the Snake River.
Twin Falls as described in 1937 
Twin Falls is the largest city and the metropolis of south-central Idaho. Three miles south of Snake River and on the bank of Rock Creek, it stands on a gently rolling watershed which was covered long ago by lava flows that are now the bedrock under the silt that has been blown in from surrounding mountains and old lake beds. Because there has been severe erosion and a plateau built up from a deep basin, the area from here to the Hagerman Valley forty miles westward is an unusually fertile field for the paleontologist. Covered anciently by a great sea and later by tropical jungle, this whole region has been discovered to be the repository of dinosaurs and ammonites, coral and sea shell. But the overlain soil in the Twin Falls country is also uncommonly deep, and in consequence of its richness has made this part of Idaho notable in crop yields. Twin Falls itself has sometimes been called the magic city, a characterization owing to the circumstance of its having risen so suddenly and swiftly after water reclaimed this arid valley. It was settled chiefly by families from the Middle West and is one of the few cities in Idaho that were carefully and enviably planned. It is not, unfortunately, on a railway trunk line, being served in this respect only by a somewhat inadequate side branch; but it has frequent motor coach service in all directions and air service daily making connections with points east and west. The municipal airport is five miles south.