Nampa City Hall is located at 411 3rd Street, Nampa, ID 93651.
The area that would become Nampa was first settled in the early 1880s, incentivized by the building of the Oregon Short Line Railroad which passed through the territory on its way from Granger, Wyoming to Huntington, Oregon. Early homesteaders, Alexander and Hannah Duffes, joined James McGee in forming the Nampa Land and Improvement Company for the purpose of developing the area. During its first year, the town grew from 15 to 50 homes. Nampa was incorporated in 1890. The name "Nampa" is a Shoshone Indian word meaning moccasin or footprint.