Photo: Van Patten House, ca. 1873, 9 South Linn Street, Iowa City; demolished in 2012. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1893. Photographed by User:Smallbones (own work), 2010, [cc-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2014.
This Italianate-style house was built ca. 1874 by George H. Van Patten [1833-1916]. It is located at 9 South Linn Street. An adjoining building which caught fire in 2011 resulted in severe damage to the home, requiring its demolition in 2012.