Oglethorpe City Hall is located at 115 Chatham Street, Oglethorpe, GA 31068.
Oglethorpe sits on the Flint River and by the 1840s had grown to become the largest and most active town in the southwest. In the 1850s and 1860s, though, the town suffered devastating smallpox and malaria epidemics. Many residents moved houses 20 miles south to Americus or burned the homes down entirely during these epidemics. Oglethorpe was incorporated in December of 1849. [Oglethorpe, www.georgia.gov, accessed June, 2015.]