McDonough City Hall is located at 136 Keys Ferry Road, McDonough, GA 30253.
McDonough, the seat of government for Henry County, was incorporated in 1823. It is named for Commodore Thomas McDonough [1783-1825]. He is remembered as the commander of American naval forces during the War of 1812, especially the Battle of Lake Champlain.
Before any houses were built for religious purposes, the people of all denominations would assemble under a shed erected on the corner of the Nolley lot, where Mr. Atkinson at present has a grocery store. The first house built within the town of McDonough was occupied by William Hardin, situated on the northwest corner of the public square. The second house, known as the Connell house, was situated on the site of Copeland's store. In 1824, there were five flourishing dry goods establishments in McDonough, run respectively by Mssrs. Clayton, Findley, Shaw, Kimbrough, and Hutchinson. 
Nearby Towns: Locust Grove City • Stockbridge City •