Powder Springs City Hall is located at 4484 Marietta Street, Powder Springs, GA 30127.
Powders Springs had its roots in the Town of Springville, incorporated in 1838 from lands made available through a gold lottery. Gold was not plentiful but the seven medicinal mineral springs were valued by health seekers. The water from the springs, laden with minerals, caused the sandy rims to turn black — like gunpowder. By the 1850s the "springs" had grown into a popular health resort. Thus, in 1859, Town of Springville became the City of Powder Springs and was thus incorporated.
Nearby Towns: Austell City • Mableton •