Woodmont Borough Offices are located at 31 Clinton Street, Milford, CT 06460.
Woodmont was formed from and is wholly contained within Milford.
Woodmont is a post office and station on the New Haven railroad in the eastern part of Milford, near the Long Island Sound. Extending to the beach and along the shore, a village of several hundred inhabitants, most of them summer residents only, has lately spring up; but the improvements lately begun and projected will not only make this an attractive place of resort, but will also invite a settled population. In the past year some handsome residences were erected and the roads much improved.
The locality was long known as "Burwell's Farm," from the fact that large tracts of land were owned here by John Burwell, one of the first planters of Milford. He and a son, Lieutenant Samuel Burwell, and the latter's sons, Nathan and Samuel, were the first settlers of this part of the town, about 1690. They became well-to-do farmers and at one time their descendants here were numerous.
Nearby Towns: Derby City • Milford City • New Haven City • Orange Town • West Haven City •