Thomaston Town Hall is located at 158 Main Street, Thomaston, CT 06787.
Once part of the Town of Plymouth and known as Plymouth Hollow, Thomaston was incorporated in 1875, making it one of the youngest municipalities in Connecticut.
Eli Terry opened a clock factory here in 1810 and in 1814 introduced a clock known as the "patented wood shelf clock," which were produced by the hundreds of thousands. In 1812 Seth Thomas, formerly associated with Terry, set up a factory whose clocks enjoyed a worldwide market. The village where the factory was located began to be known as Thomas Town. A grand view of the village and surrounding countryside is found on Latin Hill about 3 miles west of the village.
Nearby Towns: Harwinton Town • Litchfield Town • Plymouth Town • Watertown Town •