Photo: Godillot Place, ca. 1879, Jesup Road, Westport, CT. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. Photographed by User:Kohlnf (own work), 2012, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2016.
Westport Town Hall is located at 110 Myrtle Avenue, Westport, CT 06880.
The first settlement at Westport was in 1648 at a place called Bankside (later known as Greens Farms). The first settlers were Thomas Newton, Daniel Frost, Henry Gray, John Green, and Francis Andrews. During the Revolutionary Way, a lot of fighting took place here, resulting from General Tryon's raid on Danbury. Westport was incorporated in 1835.