Shelton City Hall is located at 54 Hill Street, Shelton, CT 06484.
Shelton was settled as a part of Stratford about 1697. A parish of Ripton was organized in 1724. In 1789 the Town of Huntington was incorporated, taking its name from Governor Samuel Huntington of Norwich, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. In 1919, with a shift in the town's center of gravity, the name was changed to Shelton, from the City of Shelton, named from one of its leading families. The city was chartered in 1915.
Nearby Towns: Ansonia City • Derby City • Milford City • Monroe Town • Seymour Town •