Photo: Edgemont (Hallet House; Shad-Kerr Ranch), ca. 1881, 1861 Marys Lake Road, Estes Park, CO. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998. Photographed by User:Magicpiano (own work), 2012, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed October, 2014.
Estes Park Town Hall is located at 170 MacGregor Avenue, Estes Park, CO 80517.
The area comprising the Town of Estes Park was settled about 1859; it was incorporated in 1917.
Estes Park is located 70 miles northwest of Denver at the eastern entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. The town can be reached from the east via U.S. Highways 34 and 36, and Colorado Highway 7. Access from the west is by U.S. Highway 34 which crosses the Continental Divide. Also known as Trail Ridge Road, that section of the roadway is generally open from May through October, weather permitting. Surrounded by some of the most spectacular scenery in the Rocky Mountains, Estes Park is a popular choice for vacationers throughout the year. The area is known for its diverse variety of watchable wildlife including elk, deer and bighorn sheep. [www.colorado.gov, accessed October, 2014]