Yuba City Hall is located at 1201 Civic Center Boulevard, Yuba City, CA 95993.
Yuba City was named after and founded upon the site of a Nisenan village in 1849 by Sam Brannan, Pierson Reading, and Henry Cheever. A year later Yuba City was nearly abandoned as neighboring Marysville on the east side of the Feather River grew rapidly, becoming a major supply point for the gold mines in the Sierras. As the Gold Rush continued and many miners became less enchanted with the gold fields, many of them began moving into Sutter County to develop the rich agricultural land, and Yuba City flourished again to eventually become the larger city. In 1908 Yuba City became incorporated.
In 1856, Yuba City became the permanent County Seat for Sutter County.
Yuba City as described in 1939 
Yuba City, seat of Sutter County, a pleasantly shaded town by the Yuba River, is the center of a vast peach-growing region. One tale relates that Yuba is a corruption of Uva (grape), the name given the river in 1824 by Spanish explorers who found its banks overgrown with wild grapes; another, that a branch of the Maidu tribe in the neighborhood was called the Yu-ba. Laid out in July 1849 by Samuel Brannan, Pierson B. Reading and Henry Cheever, Yuba City stands on the site of an Indian Village whose round earthen huts overlooked the river. Opposite the old-fashioned Hall of Records in its tree-shaded square, 229 B Street, a giant walnut tree, planted about 1878, rises 100 feet, its branches spreading over a 104-foot area from a trunk 15-1/2 feet in circumference at the 4-foot level.
Nearby Towns: Marysville City •