The Professorville Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
The District is comprised of home sites built beginning ca. 1889 on a subdivision created to provide home ownership opportunities for Stanford University professors.
Since 1988, the non-profit Palo Alto Stanford Heritage organization (PAST) has been hosting an annual Professorville house tour during in December.
Addison Avenue • Bryant Street • Cowper Street • Embarcadero Road • Emerson Street • Kingsley Avenue • Lincoln Avenue • Melville Avenue • Ramona Street • Waverley Street • Whitman Court