Photo: George Washington Patterson Ranch (Ardenwood), ca. 1857, 34600 Newark Boulevard, Fremont, CA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. Photographed by user:Mactographer (own work), 2011, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed January, 2014.
Fremont City Hall is located at 3300 Capitol Avenue, Fremont, CA 94538.
The City of Fremont was incorporated in 1956 through the merger of 8 small towns: Alvarado, Centerville, Decoto, Irvington, Mission San Jose, Newark, Niles, and Warm Springs.
The Fremont area was first settled with the establishment of the Mission San Jose by the Spanish. In the mid-1840s, John C. Fremont mapped a trail through Mission Pass to provide access for American settlers into the southeastern San Francisco Bay Area. In 1853, Washington Township was established, taking in the communities of Mission San Jose, Centerville, Niles, Irvington, and Warm Springs. [www.fremont.gov, Establishing the City, accessed January, 2014.]
Nearby Towns: Newark City •