Photo: W.Y. Price House, circa 1900, located at 1612 Willow Street in Florence. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. Photographed by wikipedia username: Tony the Marine, own work, 2015 [cc-3.0], accessed via wikimedia commons, March, 2023.
The Town of Florence was part of the post-Civil War boom in Arizona. It was established in 1866 and soon became an important political center as well as a supply and shipping center for nearby mines and agriculture. The first courthouse was an adobe building which soon after completion was unable to handle the rush of business. Traditionally, the main economic was the state prison, built in 1909, and the town's position as county seat.