Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Graham County, Arizona


The Graham County Courthouse is located at 800 Main Street, Safford, AZ 85546; phone: 928‑428‑3100. The courthouse was built in 1918 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

TOWNS

The county was established in 1881 from parts of Apache and Pima counties. The county is named for the 10,000 foot peaked Mount Graham which, in turn, was named for Colonel James Duncan Graham, a senior officer in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

HISTORIC SITES